In keeping with the Spitzer theme that has been so popular in the recent weeks, and ignoring the inevitable ennui that goes along with seeing the same story over and over again...
The following ad for New York Sports Clubs ran in our paper today:
$29 to join
That's about $79,971 less than Spitzer's "workout" budget.
2 comments:
Gina says:
Clever, clever marketing by the New York EXTORTION club (their monthly dues when I used to go there in '03 and '04 ran me $75 per month!!!)
Please tell me you have seen a pic of Kristen Davis, the latest "madam" to be arrested in the beloved city. A source tells the Post she personally "serviced" Spitzer. She is, what winner of Project Runway 4 Christian Syriano, would call a HOT TRANNY MESS.
Gina, Becky here. I agree with you, Ms. Davis is surprisingly unattractive. (I'm assuming you don't think 'hot tranny mess' is a compliment.)
On Erica's post, now: I think the ad is slightly funny, in a shocking way, but I don't find it to be in good taste to capitalize off of other people's downfall. That said, I'm not pretending to be better than that. I am, after all, the same reporter who got giddy off the adrenaline rush while racing to a housefire someone died at, while listening to Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire."
Post a Comment