Thursday, March 13, 2008

The $4,300 Woman

Spitzer's ladyfriend has stripped down (bad pun intended) her MySpace page, but thanks to Google's cache, you can still access it here. It's relatively non-descript, but there are some funsies about the 22-year-old "musician." (The picture to the right used to be her profile picture, but has been taken down)

From her About Me section, with my own parenthetical points included...
• I live in New York and am on top of the world (and the governor). Been here since 2004 and I love this city (in addition to anyone willing to shell out $1,000 an hour), I love my life here.
• I spent the first two years getting to know the music scene, networking (if you know what I mean) in clubs and connecting (penally) with the industry.
• What we Want is my latest track. It’s really about trust, something my past has made very difficult for me to feel. This one was inspired by a guy (named Eliot), who taught me not to confuse my dreams with the sounds of the city (or the sounds of the city's governor grunting loudly on top of me)…I hope you like it.

I do feel badly for this kid. She's had a tough life and suddenly got caught in the center of a giant scandal, and she's been bombarded by media since her name went public.

That said... according to the NYT, Ashley Alexandra Dupré's story is pretty sad. She is a Jersey Shore native who left home at age 17. The Times described her latest track (which you can no longer access, even through the cached page) this way: “What We Want,” an amateurish, hip-hop inflected rhythm and blues tune that asks, “Can you handle me, boy?” and used some dated slang, calling someone her “boo.”

She hasn't been charged with anything. The guy she was living with recently walked out on her after she discovered that he fathered two children. She told the NYT she can't afford her rent anymore, and that she's considering either waitressing or moving back with her family in Jersey.

The Times story is here. You can listen to her song through the New York Post site.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina here.

1) Her music SUCKS, as I'm sure she has, many times.
2) The biznatch has now made more than a million in 24-hours because of pervs buying her shit singles. She'll now move to a $10,000 1BR on the Upper West Side!
3) Our society sucks ass.

HarbatKAT said...

And it turns out she hasn't had a particularly tough life after all. She grew up as a middle-class "spoiled brat," who got everything she asked for, according to the Bergen Record. The drug stuff she talks about on her MySpace was for funsies. Gina sent this link.

Anonymous said...

Don't hate on her or pity her. You're both jealous because you don't have her money or her looks.

Anonymous said...

Gina here again.

Dear anonymous:

Who wouldn't want her money? Duh.

But to say that E or I are jealous of her because we "hate" or "pity" her is pure idiocy. I'm also jealous of strippers, bored housewives married to rich, fat guys and drug addicted toothless ho-bags taking orders from pimps! Please!

It's obvious girls like "Ashley" lack self-esteem, confidence and love from daddy, and that I have. So no, not jealous, sorry.

Maybe I'm jealous of Silda. If she files for divorce, she should get a nice payout. =)

Anonymous said...

HarbatKAT again...

Please, please tell me where I can trade my intelligence and self-respect for a gig at a whorehouse thinly veiled as a "high-end" escort service!