Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sprinkles and wrinkles

Becky and I were at a diner in Long Island, and the waiter was shamelessly hitting on Becky. First he thought she was 16, and tried to set her up with several of his sons. (He also told plenty of awesome jokes that began with "Who here is Catholic?" and ended with "'Fuck the children' ... 'How much time do we have?'") He even gave Becky a plastic condiment container full of rainbow sprinkles.

When Becky stepped away for a minute, the waiter asked me how old I was, I told him to guess, and he said, "26."

"Wait," I said. "You thought she was 16 but you think I'm 26?"

"You know how I know?" he said. "You have all those wrinkles around your eyes."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you happen to remember the name of the diner or where it was? This Long Island boy is curious...
-Josh

Aviva said...

well... on t heupside, that's closer to your real age, & at least people are not trying to set you up with their 14 y.o. sons anymore! :)

HarbatKAT said...

Josh, I don't remember the name of the diner, just that it was in Huntington.

Aviva, you make a good point, but the next day at the airport the security guy was very skeptical that I met the age requirement of *15* to sit in an emergency exit row.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, that's what you get for going to Huntington..-josh

Aviva said...

lol... 15, huh - you hsould try gettinf youth discount tickets then or something.

Anonymous said...

Bastard!