Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Change for a 10

A robber in Greenburgh, N.Y. forced his victim to go into a pizza place and get change for a 10 because the robber only wanted $4.

James Mitchell, 48, of Mount Vernon, held an 18-year-old kid at knifepoint and told him he wanted a plastic rose the kid had just bought and $4. When the kid said all he had was a 10, Mitchell told him to go into a nearby pizza place and get change.

Greenburgh police Capt. Joseph DeCarlo, as quoted in the AP:
"He came out of the store and was approached by the suspect, who said,
'Give me the rose,' DeCarlo said. "The kid told him, 'Go in there and get one.'
But the suspect says, 'I want that one, and your money, too,' and pulls out a
knife. All the kid has is a 10, and the perp says, 'I only want $4.' He tells
the kid to go into the pizza parlor and get change. Then the kid comes out, he
takes his $4 and he leaves.''


Mitchell was apprehended by police a few blocks away.

When I was a kid, I totally earned $5 by singing "Leavin' on a Jet Plane" on a corner at the Third Street Promenade (I *really* wanted to see Terminator 2 and my mom said if I wanted to see it that night I'd have to earn the money myself. She, incidentally, still didn't let me see it that night.) Anyway, the dude totally shoulda just done that.

No comments: